In the fall of 2021, Valley signed on to the MACDC Racial Equity Pledge.
We are taking steps that are in line with this pledge, and this page will be updated as we continue.
I. Root Causes
We commit to learning and addressing the different levels of racism so we can take action to dismantle those inequities
- Valley has established a Racial Equity & Justice Committee of staff and board members, to look at all the work we do through a racial equity lens.
- Valley has implemented regular Racial Equity & Justice Lunch & Learns every other month, open to all board and staff. At these meetings, we view materials that enhance individual and shared understanding of DEI concepts, past and present racial discrimination, and other systems of oppression, as well as how they relate to our organization.
II. Representation: Staff
We believe that our staff should be diverse, equitable, inclusive, and representative of the communities we serve
- Valley is updating job descriptions and job postings by incorporating DEI work and non-traditional skill sets.
- Valley is providing mentoring and professional development opportunities to staff members and will be looking for opportunities to promote from within.
- Valley is including a salary range on all job postings in order to signal a commitment to equity, trust, transparency, and respect.
III. Representation: Board
We believe that our board should be diverse, equitable, inclusive, and representative of the communities we serve:
IV. Representation: Our Work
We believe in authentic representation in our policies, programs, and services:
- We have retained a nationally-known organization to co-create a customized action plan consisting of interactive workshops and eLearning for staff and board, coaching for leaders, and organizational transformation to address and correct issues of diversity.