HMLP for Towns in Hampshire and Hampden Counties
Over the past 20 years, the Home Modification Loan Program (HMLP) has helped over 3,000 households finance home accessibility improvements to make it possible for individuals with disabilities and older adults to remain in their own homes and communities.
Established by the Massachusetts Legislature in 1999, HMLP is a state-funded loan program that provides financing to homeowners and small landlords for necessary home modifications such as:
- Ramps and lifts
- Kitchen and bathroom adaptations
- Sensory integration spaces
- Hand rails
- Brighter lighting
- Widening of doorways
- Flooring renovations
- Creation of additional living space, including accessory dwelling units or in-law apartments
Valley is the provider agency for the following towns in Hampshire and Hampden counties:
- East Longmeadow
We are not the provider agency for residents of Hampden County living in the following municipalities. Please click the name of your town to be redirected to the provider agency.
We are not the provider agency for residents of Hampshire County living in the following municipalities. Please click the name of your town to be redirected to the provider agency.
- Loans up to $50,000 for property owners and $30,000 for owners of manufactured or mobile homes
- 0% interest rate
- No monthly payments required
- Repayment is required when the property is sold or transferred
- Available to homeowners for modifications to the primary, permanent residence of elders, individuals with disabilities, and families of children with disabilities
- Landlords with fewer than 10 units may be eligible for a 3% interest rate loan for a tenant
- Are you a homeowner?
- Is someone in the household an older adult or a person with a disability?
- Are you looking for funding for accessibility renovations or modifications related to this household member’s ability to function in the home on a day-to-day basis?
- Is your household’s gross annual income at or below the guidelines to the right?
Applying to HMLP
To begin your application, schedule an appointment with Donna Cabana by calling her at 413-586-5855 ext. 180, or emailing email@example.com.
We will begin accepting applications for HMLP on December 1, 2022.