Congratulations! You bought a house! Now what?
Don’t panic. We can help with that, too.
From weatherization to repairs, budgeting to home insurance, we can answer all your questions.
We hold a post-purchase workshop twice a year, in the spring and the fall. It’s free, and you’ll get lots of very useful, helpful advice from professionals in the business.
Workshops & Counseling
Post Purchase Webinar Workshops are offered two times annually in the Spring and Fall.
Workshops are typically held on a Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. We provide important information about the responsibilities of homeownership to equip participants with the skills and knowledge they need to successfully maintain their home and finances.
Contact Donna with any questions.
Topics included in the Webinar:
- Avoiding predatory lending scams, including identity theft and credit card fraud
- Maintaining and repairing a home, including seasonal upkeep and energy conservation
- Improving budgeting skills, maintaining a good credit file, stopping unwanted solicitations, and keeping good records
- Homeowner, life and disability insurance basics, being a good neighbor and an asset to the community
- What to do if you find yourself in trouble with your mortgage, how your mortgage lender works, and what to look for if you want to refinance.